Job Seekers In Qatar Who Are Searching For Careers In HBKU Qatar, There Are Great Opportunities On HBKU Qatar Careers Portal. HBKU Qatar Recently Published A Notification For Hiring For journals Publisher , Candidates Who Are Interested And Keep Eligibility For Hiring Position. Check All Details About HBKU Qatar journals Publisher Jobs. Then Apply For journals Publisher Jobs In HBKU Qatar. But Before Apply Also Visit HBKU Qatar Official Website.
HBKU Qatar Jobs 2022 journals Publisher Jobs in Qatar
HBKU Qatar Recently Published A Notification For Hiring For journals Publisher , Candidates Who Are Interested And Keep Eligibility For Hiring Position. Check All Details About HBKU Qatar journals Publisher Job Vacancy In Qatar. Candidates who have Enough Educational Qualification And Experience can apply for HBKU Qatar Jobs Vacancy 2022. The Company will pay A Expected monthly salary Of QAR 6530.00 – 25700.00 Per Month after selection.
HBKU Qatar journals Publisher Jobs Briefed Summary According to Official HBKU Qatar Careers Portal
|Hiring Agency||HBKU Qatar|
|Job Role||No Jobs Available At A Time|
|Job Location||Doha, Qatar|
|Salary / Payout||Expected. Pay Of QAR 6530.00 – 25700.00 Per Month|
|Type Of Job||Qatar Jobs|
Detailed Description Job
To be responsible for a portfolio of journals, including overseeing the successful development, launch, adoption, and maintenance of each journal.
Key Result Areas
- Overall management of the HBKU Press Journals program, editorial direction and content management and delivery of the relevant operational and strategic KPIs.
- Contribute to commercial and strategic objectives of the business through recommendations of new projects including P&L accountability.
- Develop the aim and scope of new and existing journals and be proactive in recruiting advisory board members and supporters within the academic community.
- Responsible for building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HBKU Press and external & internal stakeholders in key geographical and subject areas.
- Work with the Head of Academic & Journals Publishing to improve processes and workflows which contribute to the good reputation of the journals being managed
- Coordinate with editors/translators to ensure integrity of all published content; including management of peer review process and copyediting.
- Report and track technical problems to production team and problem solve where relevant.
- Support planning of events related to academic outreach and business development
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Some work outside the office and normal business hours is required for the attendance of journal launches, conferences, to represent HBKU Press and other relevant events.
Communications and Working Relationships
- Head of Academic & Journals Publishing: frequent contact to provide project updates and receive approvals
- Marketing, Communications and Design: regular contact to request design collaterals related to journals and obtain coverage for authors and individual journals.
- Freelancers/Consultants: daily contact to ensure outsourced translations, editing, and other work; meet HBKU Press expectations and adhere to production timelines.
- Academics, researchers, and practitioners: frequent contact to facilitate article-publishing process from submissions to journals.
- Universities and other institutions: regular contact for relationship management.
Problem Solving and Complexity
- Evaluates different options when solving problems
- Refrains from jumping to conclusions in the absence of clear evidence, takes time to collect facts before developing a solution
- Considers the medium-term as well as immediate short-term impact of outcomes and actions
- Demonstrates an awareness of the impact of preferred solutions on other projects/ related problems
Decision-making Authority and Responsibility
- Accepts responsibility / accountability for own decisions and explains the rationale
- Reviews available information in conjunction with interested parties and arrives at decisions by consensus judging degree of consultation needed to ensure commitment
- Remains calm and resourceful when making difficult decisions, basing them on facts
- Ensures decisions are taken by self and group after reviewing available information while exhibiting reasonable foresight
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism or relevant area.
- 6 – 8 years of full-time work experience in Publishing, Media or Marketing
- Familiar with STM publishing processes and models
- Experience of Journal article submission and review processes
- Facility with editorial management systems.
- An understanding of various citation and reference styles used in the journals
- An appreciation of open access publishing and its benefits
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills. Arabic proficiency an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications