Information Literacy Services Librarian Qatar Careers Research and Reference Assistance Jobs Vacancies | Qatar Jobs In Information Literacy Services Librarian | Vacancies In Information Literacy Services Librarian Qatar | Jobs On Information Literacy Services Librarian Careers Portal At www.qf.org.qa | Qatar Government Job Vacancies 2021
Job Seekers In Qatar Who Are Searching For Careers In Information Literacy Services Librarian, There Are Great Opportunities On Information Literacy Services Librarian Careers Portal. Information Literacy Services Librarian Recently Published A Notification For Hiring For Research and Reference Assistance, Candidates Who Are Interested And Keep Eligibility For Hiring Position. Check All Details About Information Literacy Services Librarian Research and Reference Assistance Jobs. Then Apply For Research and Reference Assistance Jobs In Information Literacy Services Librarian Qatar. But Before Apply Also Visit Information Literacy Services Librarian’s Official Website.
Information Literacy Services Librarian Qatar Jobs 2021 Research and Reference Assistance Jobs in Qatar
Information Literacy Services Librarian Recently Published A Notification For Hiring For Research and Reference Assistance, Candidates Who Are Interested And Keep Eligibility For Hiring Position. Check All Details About Information Literacy Services Librarian Research and Reference Assistance Job Vacancy In Qatar. Candidates who have Enough Educational Qualification And Experience can apply for Information Literacy Services Librarian Qatar Jobs Vacancy 2021. The Company will pay A Expected monthly salary Of QAR 9,000.00 per month after selection.
Information Literacy Services Librarian Qatar Research and Reference Assistance Jobs Briefed Summary According to Official Information Literacy Services Librarian Qatar Careers Portal
|Hiring Agency||Information Literacy Services Librarian Qatar|
|Job Role||Research and Reference Assistance|
|Job Location||Doha, Qatar|
|Salary / Payout||Expected. Pay Of QAR 9,000.00 per month|
|Qualification / Experience||Check Notification|
|Type Of Job||Qatar Jobs|
Detailed Description Job
To provide high-level, in-depth research and reference assistance to support the university’s instructional research missions.
Key Result Areas:
- Serve HBKU’s staff, students and visitors to use the reference collection effectively.
- Develop and implement innovative methods of providing library services.
- Develop and present research instructions using remote technology.
- Conduct research seminars for research assistants and participate in other training as required.
- Participate in providing training for Faculty Research Assistants and develop and maintain electronic updates.
- Participate in library planning and administration.
- Participate in teaching library related classes; provide classroom instruction as needed.
- Assist in training library users to use the library webpage, databases and library catalog.
- Participate in the selection of print and electronic resources in assigned subject areas.
- Perform and supervise the selection of reference material and maintain them.
- Participate in web page committee, OPAC system committee to express the public point of view and concerns, and databases and online resources committee.
- Develop, plan and participate in outreach opportunities in conjunction with the reference department.
- Provide instruction for the use of bibliographic and electronic information systems and networks.
- Serve as liaison to faculty members and interact with faculty and students to identify information needs.
- Assist library patrons by answering specific information requests.
- Guide users in the effective use of a broad range of information resources.
- Resolve customer complaints and offer appropriate solutions.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Operating Environment, Framework & Boundaries:
Work is performed in a standard office and university library environment. Must follow all relevant HBKU policies and procedures, and all regulatory/best practice requirements and protocols. Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required as well as the library’s regular reference desk rotation schedule.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Supervisor – frequent contact to provide guidance, work instructions and approvals.
- Library Information Technology Staff – contact as needed for hardware, software, website, connectivity and technology issues/needs.
- Faculty members and students – frequent contact to assist with library and reference needs.
- Library staff – daily contact for work progress updates and to resolve any library-related issues.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
- Evaluates, compares and relates information from across the business.
- Identifies broader implications of proposed solutions across the organization.
- Uses own experience and evidence from theory, other industries and technologies to identify problems and understand situations.
- Reviews existing policy to enable effective problem solving and judgment by the team.
Decision Making Authority & Responsibility:
- Accepts responsibility/accountability for own decisions and explains the rationale.
- Reviews available information in conjunction with interested parties and arrives at decisions by consensus judging degree of consultation needed to ensure commitment.
- Remains calm and resourceful when making difficult decisions, basing them on facts.
- Ensures decisions are taken by self and others after reviewing available information while exhibiting reasonable foresight.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science, Master’s preferred.
- 6-8 years of full-time work experience in higher education institutes.
- Knowledge of the theory of information literacy, reference services, curriculum development and pedagogy to build programs and services.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to draft and edit a variety of written reports, communication documents and to articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
- Arabic proficiency is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.