Mackinnon Bruce Qatar Careers Deputy General Council Jobs Vacancies | Qatar Jobs In Mackinnon Bruce | Vacancies In Mackinnon Bruce Qatar | Jobs On Mackinnon Bruce Careers Portal At mackinnon-bruce.com | Qatar Government Job Vacancies 2021
Job Seekers In Qatar Who Are Searching For Careers In Mackinnon Bruce, There Are Great Opportunities On Mackinnon Bruce Careers Portal. Mackinnon Bruce Recently Published A Notification For Hiring For Deputy General Council, Candidates Who Are Interested And Keep Eligibility For Hiring Position. Check All Details About Mackinnon Bruce Deputy General Council Jobs. Then Apply For Deputy General Council Jobs In Mackinnon Bruce Qatar. But Before Apply Also Visit Mackinnon Bruce’s Official Website.
Mackinnon Bruce Qatar Jobs 2021 Deputy General Council Jobs in Qatar
Mackinnon Bruce Recently Published A Notification For Hiring For Deputy General Council, Candidates Who Are Interested And Keep Eligibility For Hiring Position. Check All Details About Mackinnon Bruce Deputy General Council Job Vacancy In Qatar. Candidates who have Enough Educational Qualification And Experience can apply for Mackinnon Bruce Qatar Jobs Vacancy 2021. The Company will pay A Expected monthly salary Of QAR 7,000.00 per month after selection.
Mackinnon Bruce Qatar Deputy General Council Jobs Briefed Summary According to Official Mackinnon Bruce Qatar Careers Portal
|Hiring Agency||Mackinnon Bruce Qatar|
|Job Role||Deputy General Council|
|Job Location||Doha, Qatar|
|Salary / Payout||Expected. Pay Of QAR 7,000.00 per month|
|Qualification / Experience||Check Description|
|Type Of Job||Qatar Jobs|
Detailed Description Job
Mackinnon Bruce International, an Executive Search Firm within the Power & Energy Industry, are working with an Internationally recognised IPP & Utility Group. Our client is a global power development and investment company headquartered in Doha, Qatar. Their mission is to develop and manage a portfolio of strategic investments in the power sector globally. Set up to take advantage of energy investment opportunities created by the global growth in demand for electricity and water, they are an active player in the evolving global power industry, pioneering future energy solutions through its long-term investments.
The incumbent shall support and lead as required corporate legal activities across the client and ensure that they are conducted in accordance with the laws and regulations of the State of Qatar and the markets served. Incumbent’s main role is to administer Corporate Governance and present advice on defined legal issues related to the rights, obligations, privileges and cases in regards to the clients business operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities by Dimensions:
- Demonstrate clear input to judgements involving highly complex facts or situations, which require the analysis, interpretation, comparison of a range of options, and guide decision making.
- Monitor and drive quality focus across the organizations governance and supervisory arrangements. Develop a quality focused image of the organization to the external stakeholders in an open and transparent fashion.
- Seek feedback from Chief Officers to ensure quality and standards are being maintained.
- Support the implementation of best-in-class standards around Corporate Governance safety and quality while ensuring compliance.
Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Contribute to the superior corporate performance of the client through the provision of legal support in the development of contracts related to new projects, assured business operations of the portfolio, and the implementation and maintenance of a good Corporate Governance regime.
- Contribute to and lead as required duties of Care and Trust by drafting, review and finalize correspondence and contracts between The client and business partners, contractors and clients. Manage legal deliverables with a view to ensuring compliance with legal requirements.
- Remain alert to the corporate risk profile and the implications of changes to the constitution, statutes, laws, Codes of Practice, rulings and regulations (stock exchanges, financial supervisory authorities, market regulators etc.) in the State of Qatar and International markets i.e. markets where The client is investing. Follow legal updates to determine any legal implications, together with risks or opportunities for The client. Communicates implications for risk and liabilities as they are judged to exist
- Check and review contracts/agreements with the General Counsel, Chief Head of Business Development Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Asset Management Officer, as and when applicable to ensure that the contract covers all terms and conditions that are applicable and necessary to ensure compliance, acceptable risk and protection of The client’ interests.
- Ensure that all documentary requirements have been adhered to, and red flags are communicated before signing contracts/agreements with the various parties.
- Liaise with relevant professional advisers (e.g. external lawyers, and specialist consultants) to obtain external advice where appropriate.
- Liaise with the General Counsel, Chief Business Development Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Asset Management Officer, (as and when needed) to provide legal advice in regards to business development opportunities including greenfield and mergers and acquisitions.
- Support portfolio optimization, identify and assess any current or potential legal liabilities and mitigate risks concerning business development opportunities and asset portfolio of The client. As required create notices to Stakeholders describing changes to service offerings in terms of applicable disclosures, terms, conditions, impacts, options, and any supporting evidence to be made available publicly.
- Facilitate and administer proper representation of the Company in all dispute/litigation cases with external parties in front of the judicial authorities, whether such cases have been filed by the Company or against it by other parties.
- Follow up on Corporate Risk Profile and all lawsuits concerning The client and update the General Counsel on all legal matters or matters of industry reputation
- Enable effective internal controls to link Financial, Operational, Compliance, and Risk management performances, Participate in creating, reviewing, administering and updating policies and procedures and contractual / document templates for The client.
- Ensure high standards of ethics, governance, sourcing, and confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- Ensure proper reporting to, and involvement of, the General Counsel with respect to all material legal issues and (as they pertain to the legal department) major business decisions.
Planning & Organizing:
- Contribute to the organization budgeting & strategic planning process.
- Support legal requirements of corporate communications team.
- Understand the changing dynamics of the energy sector, public opinion and public confidence accurately and responds in a manner that helps the organization in adapting to the new situation in a sustainable manner.
- Strongly believe in continuous benchmarking, innovation, entrepreneurship and need for change.
- Fully understand the implications of organization-level change and displays clarity of thoughts while communicating the same.
- Committed to customer needs and the triple bottom line of financial, social and environmental performance
- University degree in Law with specialization in Corporate Law, from a recognized university. Professional Certification is preferable.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience of which 3-4- years should be in a similar position/responsibilities preferably in a similar industry.
- Experience in international law firms is valued.
Required Special Skills:
- Understanding of the Power and Utilities sector and Business to Business contracts
- Experience working on English law governed matters and agreements.
- Excellent drafting, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent command of the English language (written and spoken).
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite, redlining tools, web browsers and legal research databases.
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of at least one additional language (ideally Arabic) is valued.
Framework and Boundaries:
- Company’s overall strategic plan
- Applicable policies and procedures
- Delegated and re-delegated authorities as per the delegation of authority structure
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Regular contact and direct reporting line to General Counsel to provide progress updates, resolve issues and receive higher approval where necessary.
- Regular interaction with senior management and other staff of The client Power and its affiliates.
- Work with Corporate Communications and provide legal advice on corporate reporting, corporate statements and disclosures within traditional and social media platforms.
- Solid line reporting: General Counsel
- Dotted line reporting: N/A